Let me start by asking you few questions
- Do you derive a general conclusion based on a single incident or evidence ? For example, if you don’t do something very well the first time do you start thinking that you won’t be able to do it well again ?
- Do you jump to (negative) conclusions with no real evidence ? For example, you may think that nobody likes you in your class or group.
- Do you expect terrible things to happen to you whenever you face problem of even small magnitude ?
- Do you think yourself either as a success or failure, good or bad ? (extremes)
If you have answered “yes” to any of the above it means thinking is acting as a barrier in developing a good personality in you. The barriers are not letting you gain clarity in life, restricting you from moving forward in life and stopping you from achieving success.
Thoughts are extremely powerful and an average person thinks about 70,000 thoughts in a day. Thoughts determine just about everything in our personality - self, others and situations.
The following tips would help overcome thinking barriers in personality
- Replace the negative words like ‘should’, ‘must’ and ‘ought’ with positive words like ‘could’, ‘will’ and ‘want to’ respectively.
- Think “Action” to keep making progress and forward movement
- Think “Big” to achieve your dream goals
- Think Creative , going beyond what is obvious
- Think Constructive, focusing on “solutions” and not problems
So, nurture “healthy thinking” so that it provides you ample of opportunities in life to succeed and excel !